Wellness in Urbana
Whether you are looking for rejuvenation, pain relief, relaxation, or just want to supplement your wellness routine, massage therapy can provide you with many healing benefits. Massage therapy can reduce tension and release endorphins, which can reduce the perception of pain. It is also the perfect complement to physical therapy and may promote your body’s ability to heal more quickly.
Below are the types of massage we currently offer:
- Sports Massage: Enhances training, increases flexibility, decreases soreness.
- Neuromuscular Therapy: Deeper pressure and muscular manipulation designed to address muscular tension, postural imbalances and pain.
- Swedish Massage: Commonly referred to as relaxation massage, using long and flowing strokes.
- Pregnancy Massage: Pre and post-natal massage to reduce muscular aches associated with pregnancy. A specially designed pregnancy cushion is provided for the mother to comfortably lie on her stomach during the session.
- Assisted Stretching: A clothed, full body stretching routine combining passive and assisted stretches as well as contract/relax methods
30 minutes: $65
60 minutes: $120
90 minutes: $150
Massage Therapy Hours
Monday and Wednesday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 9am – 3pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
To schedule, please call 301-874-9200.
Reiki and Healing Touch
Reiki is a natural stress reduction and relaxation treatment that helps to return balance and well-being. A Reiki session can calm the mind, reduce stress, relieve tension, and decrease physical pain. Reiki supports our healing physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Rei-ki (universal life force energy) flows within and around our mind, body, and spirit. This field is known as an aura or field of energy. Energy blockages and congestion of our energy flow may occur in the course of our busy, sometimes stressed lives. Reiki can help to restore the flow of energy to our body, mind, and spirit.
Healing Touch (HT) is an evidence-based and nationally accredited Energy Medicine therapy which activates a person’s natural energy flow to enhance and support physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health and healing. Your Sage HT practitioner applies light or off-body touch while administering interventions with heart-centered intentionality to clear energy blockages and balance the energetic flow of the mind, body and spirit.
A personalized experience at Sage Physical Therapy & Wellness is always the intention with a “before and after” energy and health assessment with every session. Both HT and Reiki are experienced on a massage like table with soft lights and music for a total relaxation experience. Additional benefits include:
- Reduces pain
- Increases mental clarity
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Supports deep relaxation
- Accelerates healing from injury, medical procedures, and surgery
- Aids in the healing process and a sense of well-being.
45 minutes: $70
60 minutes: $90
Book your next appointment the same day and receive a 10% discount off your next session!
60 minute 3 pack: $255
60 minute 5 pack: $400
Reiki and HT sessions are currently available on:
3536A Urbana Pike
Frederick, MD 21704
Monday–Thursday: 7 am–7 pm
Friday: 7am–5 pm
Saturday: 9 am–1 pm
New Market Office
11670 Old National Pike
New Market, MD 21774
Mon. & Wed.: 9 am–7 pm
Friday: 9 am–3 pm
Tues. & Thurs.: By appointment