Wellness in Urbana
Whether you are looking for rejuvenation, pain relief, relaxation, or just want to supplement your wellness routine, massage therapy can provide you with many healing benefits. Massage therapy can reduce tension and release endorphins, which can reduce the perception of pain. It is also the perfect complement to physical therapy and may promote your body’s ability to heal more quickly.
Below are the types of massage we currently offer:
- Sports Massage: Enhances training, increases flexibility, decreases soreness.
- Neuromuscular Therapy: Deeper pressure and muscular manipulation designed to address muscular tension, postural imbalances and pain.
- Swedish Massage: Commonly referred to as relaxation massage, using long and flowing strokes.
- Pregnancy Massage: Pre and post-natal massage to reduce muscular aches associated with pregnancy. A specially designed pregnancy cushion is provided for the mother to comfortably lie on her stomach during the session.
- Assisted Stretching: A clothed, full body stretching routine combining passive and assisted stretches as well as contract/relax methods
30 minutes: $65
60 minutes: $120
90 minutes: $150
Massage Therapy Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am – 3pm
Saturdays by appointment only
To schedule, please call 301-874-9200.
Energy work is designed to get to the root of the problem and not just relieve symptoms. The goal of energy work is to enhance health and restore vitality, while promoting calm. This type of work is performed fully clothed, lying on a massage table. There are two types of energy work offered at Sage Physical Therapy & Wellness. They may be combined for a customized healing experience.
- Healing Touch: A gentle, bio-field (energy field) therapy that often facilitates a deep sense of calm and relaxation in the body-mind-spirit. The practitioner uses his/her hands to assess your energy (bio-field) and proceeds to clear and balance it as needed using either off body touch (near body but no direct contact) or a gentle (still) touch on or over various areas of the body (healingtouchprogram.com).
- Reiki: A Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy (reiki.org).
45 minutes: $70
60 minutes: $90
60 minute 3 pack: $267
Energy work sessions are currently available on
Thursdays: 10 am– 5pm
3536 Urbana Pike
Frederick, MD 21704
Monday–Thursday: 7 am–7 pm
Friday: 7am–5 pm
Saturday: 9 am–1 pm
New Market Office
11670 Old National Pike
New Market, MD 21774
Mon. & Wed.: 9 am–7 pm
Friday: 9 am–3 pm
Tues. & Thurs.: By appointment